From: Federico Lodovici <f.lodox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Interest in Improve packaging of scientific software
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 13:45:13
1 Hi,
2 I'm Federico Lodovici an undergraduate student of Computer Science at
3 Milan-Bicocca University.
4
5 I've been using mainly Gentoo for an year and a half and linux since I was
6 14. I'm interested in Machine Learning and Data Analysis and Visualization
7 tools applied to science (since I want to continue my studies in Data
8 Science for Physics) and I really want to been able to give anyone the
9 opportunity to use this tools on gentoo without many hassle so I found this
10 idea very interesting to me but actually I've not contacted the mentors.
11
12 I'm helping to mantain an unofficial repo of ebuild on github so I'm
13 somehow familiar in writing them, I've got a Bugzilla account with the same
14 email but I haven't done any bugfix or PR yet. I'm very familiar with
15 python (even if actually I'm using it with pandas to do simple data
16 analysis projects) and with Bash/Zsh/Sh (On my github there are simple
17 scripts I've done using it)
18
19 My github profile is https://github.com/fedelodo, my freenode and telegram
20 usernames are fede_run.
21
22 Thanks for your attention, I look forward to hearing back from you.
23 Federico Lodovici