From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:12:11
1 Hello Everyone,
2
3 This week, I had relatively less work done.
4 I spent most of my time perusing the LFS guide and osdev.org learning
5 about building toolchains. Then I went onto building the
6 aarch64-linux-android toolchain as described in [1]. I updated the
7 kernel sources for my phone [2]. And in general tidied up my kernel
8 repository.
9 But while building the toolchain, I was not able to compile `gcc` as
10 I was riddled with errors along the way. Most of them are related to the
11 newer `gcc` (version 9.x) finding incompatibility in the sources of the
12 `gcc` I am trying to build (version 4.9).
13 I will continue to build the toolchain and hopefully move onto
14 separating `Bionic` from the other side of Android mid-week.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Gunwant
18