From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Congratulations!
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 21:04:22
1 Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
2 >>> Maybe you could include the installed portage systems (portage, pkgcore,
3 >>> paludis) :)
4 >> As of now it works with portage only ..
5 >
6 > I don't mean work with it, but list it as especially interesting information
7 > :)
8
9 Actually I had the same idea, too.
10
11 I'm wondering if it should be done more in a generic way
12 (as in top N for each category) or a selected way with hardcoded sets of
13 packages to compare (selected package managers, selected audio players,
14 selected text editors, ...)
15
16 Extending the report generation code can takes quite some time so I try
17 to understand as much as possible about the report's future before I
18 actually do changes to it.
19
20 I feel like we could use a "big vision" first to save me refactorings.
24 Sebastian