From: jim@××××××××××××.au
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Kernel 2.6.x config for SUN Blade 100
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:34:26
Quoting freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>:

> > >from debian including 2.6.8 an 2.6.12. i am currently using 2.6.13 built > > myself > > >from released upstream sources unchanged except a minor patch to remove > > "static > > int errno;" when the build stopped in a few places places and made > > initrd.img > > with yaird. no dramas and runs nicely. builds more or less > Jim, > > Could you give me a link, or mail your .config please? > I would like to try it out on (vanilla-sources). > > Also, where can I get this patch, or what file and where in this file do I > remove this line you mention?
Hi, I dont know about gentoo but just like point out the default .config in the upstream sources does work for me, in case that information will help. maybe a patch is not needed with later versions, I will report soon. I am not hiding, i just dont have the build anymore as not enough space, but i will build the latest now and post the .config if you dont first. the "patch" i mentioned is just some small changes i describe below. I just download the tar.bz2 sources from mirror of and make menuconfig to select the module i required for sound on sunblade 100, something like snd_m5451 from memory. That means the .config is the one provided in the sources. I have no idea if that one is good for you. then make now it will crash and complain at a few times, the file name and line number is mentioned in the error message, and just go into that file and comment out the line that says static int errno; as you will see it is already in unistd.h then enter make again i did that about three times. now need to become root or equivalent then make modules_install;make install (per the README) the vmlinux is at the top directory. then rename it for example mv vmlinux vmlinux.2.6.13 then make a initrd.img by this yaird --verbose --output=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.13 2.6.13 then update the /boot/silo.conf in my case adding image=/vmlinux-2.6.13 label=mylinux initrd=/initrd.img-2.6.13 So it fairly well builds "out of the box" and i have sounds running nicely on my sunblade 100 also video streams using vlc using windows streams but not real ;( hope that helps. it is only describing my experience, it is not on gentoo, not a guide or howto. but maybe it gives a clue to someone? i will get the and post my results. and i will post the .config too thanks jim -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list