From: Kevin Stabel <kevin.stabel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] A machine for the project
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:06:43
1 Hi,
2
3 I saw this on the gentoo-sparc project page :
4 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs/SPARC_Team_Member
5
6 I have a v880 sitting in my office with the following specs:
7 - 8 x US-III+ @ 1.2ghz
8 - 16G ram
9 - Bunch of FC and cassini ethernet cards
10 - Working RSC
11 - Only two tiny (8G) local disks, which are just enough to boot from
12 - Connected over GigE to a synology NAS with 7 TB of net storage available,
13 can do ISCSI, NFS, etc ...
14
15 I would like this machine to be useful to the community.
16 It sits in my office in a separate (noise insulated) room. It is reachable
17 over a 70 mbit VDSL line with a static IP.
18 If it can be useful for gentoo-sparc, please, by all means, use it.
19 You can boot it whenever it's needed, and run it for as long as you need it
20 (within reason, this thing is a power hog).
21
22 This machine was used as a build box for DilOS (http://www.dilos.org/)
23 before, but that has now been moved to two t5120s, so this v880 is now
24 available again.
25 It worked quite well as a build box due to the 8 cpus and plenty of ram.
26
27 Contact me for access and setup.
28
29 Kind Regards,