From: Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Official SPARC64 Port
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 18:40:22
1 On 02/01/2016 05:03 PM, Alex McWhirter wrote:
2 > On 02/01/2016 03:51 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> in cases like this, the preference would be to get any patches merged
4 >> upstream, and then add that to our ebuild. but if upstream won't pick
5 >> up a patch that'll help, just minimize the sed/patch hackary. generally
6 >> the whole point of doing a "clean" patch is to get it merged upstream.
7 >> -mike
8 > Ok, ill shoot a pull request over to systemd, hopefully they will
9 > acknowledge the issue instead of insisting the only way to fix it is for
10 > gold to be fixed.
11 >
12 > anyways you're sed one-liner works perfectly on 225, so if we could get
13 > that pushed that should fix up standard catalyst builds without any
14 > custom tree hacks.
17 I'd like to get the udev fix and a glibc fix pushed into the tree
18 because they aren't handled by the sparc team. What would be the best
19 way to go about this?