From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform.
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:33:01
harald wrote:
> Hello, > > recently downloaded and installed Gentoo on my Sparc Sun machine. > Unfortunately i did not find any package containing java for this > architecture. is it possible to install any other java (source) package > instead? is java support planned by gentoo foundation for these types of > machines?
The foundation has very little to do with development.
> please let me know, java support is very important for me.
Last I heard, the last version of java that worked on sparc was blackdown 1.4.2 (or something like that), but it had a security bug. If java on sparc is really important to you, then you probably need to run Solaris. Alternatively, you can convince the blackdown guys (or one of the other JRE/JDK providers) to do another sparc release. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus" -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform. Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform. harald <ba0547@×××××××××××.de>