From: "张韡武" <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:30:47
Hello. My Gentoo Linux runs on UltraSparc U5 can detect and recognise
USB Mouse, and can create correct /dev/input/event0 device. Everything
look fine except that the keyboard doesn't work. Press any key no
response, press Number Lock would not turn on the number lock LED.

I have to use USB Keyboard because the original Sun keyboard is broken
and it's hard to find a replacement in China. USB Keyboard is plugged on
PCI USB card.

What I have tried to solve this:
     I. disable CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE and enable all ATI framebuffer
        drivers (My Card is ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP) =>
        same result;
    II. Replace USB Keyboard with different brand and different model =>
        same result;

sappho linux # uname -a
Linux 2.4.32-sparc-r2 #3 Sat Sep 16 09:16:01 HKT 2006
sparc64 sun4u TI UltraSparc IIi (Sabre) GNU/Linux

Has anyone get their USB Keyboard working?
Real SoftService
销售咨询(Sales Department):    0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German,
国际业务(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work? Chance Platt <chance2105@×××××.com>