From: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:00:41
1 Hi there,
2
3 I have problems getting to watch videos on my ultra 10 creator 3 d and I was
4 wondering if somebody can give me a hint.
5 I emerged mplayer and gmplayer and I have a bad picture on .avi amd .mov
6 files (lots of green and or blue), and I cannot play realplayer files. But I
7 do sometimes have sound.
8 Then I tried xine-ui (with all its dependencies) and I have (for all three
9 files types I tried) a very nice picture with the colors ok, but I do not
10 have sound at all.
11 So far I was using both out of the box besides I had to change -io to x11 in
12 the gmplayer.conf.
13 So I am certain there are some adjustments to make in the conf files or
14 there are codecs missing. Can somebody please give me a hind A) what to
15 change in the config files and/or B) where those codecs are on my system (I
16 could not find them) and where to download additional one that work on
17 sparc. The windows codecs definitely do not work?? And if they do where do I
18 need to put them??
19 Thank you very much for any help (and to the devs: thanks for putting
20 together all the stuff; gentoo runs nice on my sparc!!)
21
22 Regards
23
24 Norman