From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-systemd@l.g.o, systemd@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-systemd] systemd team meeting @ 10 Sep, 18:30 UTC
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 17:59:12
1 Dnia 2013-09-08, o godz. 13:53:35
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Hello, folks.
6 > >
7 > > The next systemd team meeting will be held at 10 Sep 2013, 18:30 UTC.
8 > > That is, 30 minutes before the Council meeting, so people waiting for
9 > > the meeting can come by.
10 > >
11 > > Since there's no real interest in the meeting, I don't expect it to
12 > > take long. Agenda follows:
13 > >
14 > > 1. Vote for the new team lead.
15 > >
16 > > 2. Quick check on the state of systemd support.
17 > >
18 > > 3. Open floor.
21 > Here's a topic: I would like to discuss ideas for dealing with
22 > services that require a configured network connection. For reference,
23 > see bug 483780 and 483970.
24 >
25 > NetworkManager has a optional unit that blocks until configured
26 > interfaces are ready.
27 >
28 > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/data/NetworkManager-wait-online.service.in
29 >
30 > I wonder if we can/should provide similar functionality for other
31 > network setups, or if anyone has a better idea.
32
33 Well, that would be the purpose of network-online.target (see: man
34 systemd.special). Though I'm not sure if we can actually get it done for
35 many of the other software out there.
38 Best regards,
39 Michał Górny