From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] genux and donations etc
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:42:43
1 All,
2
3 Starting Monday, genux will start offering gentoo tech support to
4 businesses to try to make it more of an insentive for business and
5 others along those lines to use gentoo.
6
7 This is mostly geared towards businesses. They plan to start with
8 email/web support, and build out from there, and most likely start
9 offering phone support with in the next couple of weeks.
10
11 I say this because genux plans to donate around 10% of each support
12 ticket that they receive back to gentoo. They're also looking to hire 2
13 developers who may be interested in the job who may be interested in
14 dealing with the customers and doing support.
15
16 I figured that this would be a good place to send this since they are
17 looking at hiring more then the 3 devs they've already hired for gentoo,
18 as well as making a lot more donations then the hardware and money
19 they've donated.
20
21 As a board member, I'm interested in the feedback of other trustees such
22 as concerns, etc.
23
24 Thanks!
30 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
31 dmwaters@g.o
32 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
35 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list