From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] genux and donations etc
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:25:40
1 On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:42:36AM -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
2 > I figured that this would be a good place to send this since they are
3 > looking at hiring more then the 3 devs they've already hired for gentoo,
4 > as well as making a lot more donations then the hardware and money
5 > they've donated.
6 >
7 > As a board member, I'm interested in the feedback of other trustees such
8 > as concerns, etc.
9
10 In the spirit of "better late than never":
11
12 I don't see any problem with this. After all, you're just asking for
13 talented developers to think about a certain position in a company - nothing
14 wrong with that.
15
16 There is some concern amongst some developers about Gentoo's "position" as
17 an independent distribution, but I'm sure that this is overrated: what good
18 would our distribution be if a company offering support for Gentoo wouldn't
19 hire Gentoo developers :)
20
21 Of course, there is some speculation about Gentoo's fame when we would start
22 creating a list of "available" developers, but that's another discussion
23 that's already held on -dev (or was it -core, can't remember).
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen
29 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
30
31 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>