From: drobbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] bulk orders and trade shows
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 06:23:20
1 More store stuff:
2
3 If someone contacts you and wants to resell any products in the store, have
4 them contact me. I'm willing to sell larger quantities of things at a
5 discount.
6
7 *For trade shows* -- I'd also like to help in this area. Let me know in
8 advance, ideally more than a month in advance. Getting shirts for the show
9 for cost + shipping should generally not be a problem ever, providing we
10 have enough stock on hand. You could re-sell these shirts at the show, or
11 give them to developers and users volunteering at the booth. I can also
12 throw in some free stuff, as long as it's not excessive.
13
14 If you're in a pinch and need of a lot of free stuff, we could dip into the
15 "$x for the foundation" store money as well. Or, if the store is doing well
16 in a particular month, the free stuff could be part of the store's
17 contribution to the foundation's efforts. Or some combination thereof. If
18 you ask, I will let you know what we can reasonably do to help.
19
20 Custom shirts are also do-able if you give me enough notice. They will
21 generally be easier for me to get ordered for you since I already have
22 screen-printed graphics and embroidery patterns on file at a t-shirt shop.
23
24 Note that we are out of stock of our black polo shirts right now, so if
25 you'd want some for a show then letting me know a month in advance would be
26 best to ensure that I can get them in time.
27
28 I prefer not to give free CDs for shows anymore, since I don't think many
29 people who get the CDs actually use them and thus IMO they are a waste of
30 money. But that's just my personal opinion. If you want to have some CDs or
31 DVDs at a show, to give away or to sell to raise funds for the foundation,
32 let me know and I will see what I can do.
33
34 One thing that might be nice for a trade show -- case badges. You could hand
35 them out to devs who are volunteering at the booth, put them on machines at
36 the show, and maybe hand some out or give them as a "thank you" for
37 donations, or sell them.
38
39 The main point -- when there is a trade show coming up, please talk to me
40 and let me know what you'd like to do, and I will try my best to help.
41
42 Regards,
43
44 Daniel