From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] bulk orders and trade shows
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:10:43
1 On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:22:46PM -0700, drobbins wrote:
2 > I prefer not to give free CDs for shows anymore, since I don't think many
3 > people who get the CDs actually use them and thus IMO they are a waste of
4 > money. But that's just my personal opinion. If you want to have some CDs or
5 > DVDs at a show, to give away or to sell to raise funds for the foundation,
6 > let me know and I will see what I can do.
7
8 I don't think they're never used, but I agree that many people grab them
9 without thinking. I won't go thinking about this - I have far little
10 experience with trade shows than others. Might want to contact the German
11 peeps for this, they're like ... a trade show herd :)
12
13 I'll keep your mail in mind, PR's going to get (more) active the next few
14 months. But that's not for this mailinglist :p
15
16 > One thing that might be nice for a trade show -- case badges. You could hand
17 > them out to devs who are volunteering at the booth, put them on machines at
18 > the show, and maybe hand some out or give them as a "thank you" for
19 > donations, or sell them.
20 >
21 > The main point -- when there is a trade show coming up, please talk to me
22 > and let me know what you'd like to do, and I will try my best to help.
23
24 Thanks! Case badges and stickers are indeed a much-requested item that don't
25 cust too much (iirc).
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen