From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Banking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:43:04
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 05:11:28PM +0200 or thereabouts, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I hardly have any experience in bookkeeping so my voice might be void, but I
3 > am certainly happy to see that your wife is willing to take on this job. I
4 > don't think this will pose any problem either. It does mean that you will
5 > probably be targeted most for questions that are finance-related :)
6 >
7 > It's important that someone has bookkeeping experience. Based on the
8 > discussions I have with my girlfriend about bookkeeping and economics, it
9 > doesn't seem to be trivial :p
10
11 I think it's also important that there be total transparency with all our
12 financial transactions. That's why I am strongly pushing NetBank. Quite
13 frankly, I don't want the responsibility of managing our money if you guys
14 can't see exactly what is being done with it. I never liked the way the
15 money was handled before as there were a lot of half-truths and rumors that
16 swirled around the lack of transparency.
17
18 --kurt