From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] joint copyright agreement
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:03:05
1 I don't have much time to explain this right this minute, but don't want to
2 hold this back from trustees being able to read and ponder it. This is the
3 agreement 2 FAQs that were given to Kurt and I by our legal counsel last
4 week, and we discussed this at length for a couple of hours. We need to
5 discuss if this is something we would like for our devs, and if so pitch it
6 to them later with the help (in terms of QA on a mailing list) with our
7 counsel.
8
9 fyi, the agreement is a shortened, human-readable version of the actual
10 legaleze agreement. The agreement covers international issues in that in
11 case the jurisdiction does not recognize such a dual copyright, the signer
12 grants an irrevocable license to use the code, etc.
13
14 the faq is 2-part: one for the developer side and one for the trustee side.
15 Brian put a lot of work into this, and I think covers a lot of bases.
16
17 I'll send a note explaining more later (feel free to chime in, Kurt)..
18
19 -C
22 Corey Shields
23 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team
24 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
25 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields

agreement.txt text/plain
SF-#5148141-v1-Gentoo_Contributor_Agreement_FAQs.DOC application/msword