From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] copyrights, trademarks, logos, etc
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:43:17
1 On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 15:24, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Deedra Waters wrote: [Mon Aug 23 2004, 12:25:21PM EDT]
3 > > Daniel, what's going on with theese? I understand that you are busy, but
4 > > this is stuff that we do need to take care of soon. You said more then a
5 > > month ago that this would only take a couple of weeks. Well, it's been
6 > > more then a couple of weeks, and I'm starting to wonder what's going on.
7 > >
8 > > I understand that you're probably busy, but this does need to be taken
9 > > care of.
10 >
11 > Last I checked, I believe that the ball was still in our court, since we
12 > haven't drafted the paperwork for Daniel to sign. My recollection is
13 > that we asked Zhen to check into having our lawyer draft something, but
14 > it's also possible that I volunteered to draft something that we would
15 > pass by the lawyer, and I haven't had time to do that yet.
16 >
17 > Best,
18 > g2boojum
21 That is correct. Trademark transfer papers is 2nd on our list of legal
22 priorities.
23
24 If we can get Daniel, the lawyer, and the rest of the trustees in on the
25 same conference, we can explain to her our terms, and her firm will
26 draft the documents.
27
28 BTW, I did some research on the firm ([Redacted]). Looks like we
29 have some very knowledgeable people helping us out:
30
31 [Redacted]
32
33 Cheers,
34 --
35 John Davis
36 Gentoo Linux Developer
37 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
38
39 ----
40 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
41 Fingerprint: 4F9E 41F6 D072 5C1A 636C 2D46 B92C 4823 E281 41BB