From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] legal agreement
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:08:11
1 On Thursday 19 August 2004 19:00, John Davis wrote:
2 > Hi all -
3 > Before I sign anything, I would like everyone to look over the agreement
4 > between [Redacted] (the Firm that I have been talking to) and the
5 > Gentoo Foundation.
6 >
7 > The link is:
8 > [Redacted]
9 >
10 > Could someone please scan and OCR this for Deedra? I would do it myself,
11 > but I do not have the equipment.
12 >
13 > Let me know if there are any problems. I would like to send this out
14 > tomorrow, so please get back to me ASAP.
15
16 The agreement looks ok except for one point, and that is in the first line:
17 This letter is a Fee Agreement, a contract to provide legal services, between
18 [Redacted] ("the Firm") and John Davis ("Gentoo Foundation").
19
20 IANAL, but to me it would seem that it is not clear that you in this case are
21 as board member representing the Gentoo Foundation and as such the Foundation
22 gets into the agreement, not you.
23
24 Paul
27 Paul de Vrieze