From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] legal agreement
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:41:29
1 On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 15:07, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Thursday 19 August 2004 19:00, John Davis wrote:
3 > > Hi all -
4 > > Before I sign anything, I would like everyone to look over the agreement
5 > > between [Redacted] (the Firm that I have been talking to) and the
6 > > Gentoo Foundation.
7 > >
8 > > The link is:
9 > > [Redacted]
10 > >
11 > > Could someone please scan and OCR this for Deedra? I would do it myself,
12 > > but I do not have the equipment.
13 > >
14 > > Let me know if there are any problems. I would like to send this out
15 > > tomorrow, so please get back to me ASAP.
16 >
17 > The agreement looks ok except for one point, and that is in the first line:
18 > This letter is a Fee Agreement, a contract to provide legal services, between
19 > [Redacted] ("the Firm") and John Davis ("Gentoo Foundation").
20 >
21 > IANAL, but to me it would seem that it is not clear that you in this case are
22 > as board member representing the Gentoo Foundation and as such the Foundation
23 > gets into the agreement, not you.
24 >
25 > Paul
26
27 Paul -
28 I brought this point up with [Redacted], and [Redacted] drafted a new agreement
29 reflecting this change:
30
31 [Redacted]
32
33 Let me know what you think.
34
35 Cheers,
36 --
37 John Davis
38 Gentoo Linux Developer
39 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
40
41 ----
42 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
43 Fingerprint: 4F9E 41F6 D072 5C1A 636C 2D46 B92C 4823 E281 41BB