From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-uk@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-uk] Gentoo meet
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:12:45
On 11/07/06, Stephen <stephenjohnson@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
> Yes but i emailed someone about it, and they told due to their exams it > had been canceled and to keep an eye on the mailing list. > > George Prowse wrote: > > On 10/07/06, Peter Weller <welp@×××××××××.uk> wrote: > >> Stephen Johnson wrote: > >> > Peter Weller wrote: > >> >> Stephen Johnson wrote: > >> >>> Peter Weller wrote: > >> >>>> Hmm, I've got bad news for you... The Gentoo UK conference was on > >> >>>> Saturday... Yes... last Saturday... > >> >>> i thought it had been called off > >> >> Yeah... until about a month ago... > >> > dammit i always miss out, btw dns is in dec and will be based > >> > somewhere near blackpool it is the longest running and largest network > >> > security conference in the uk.Ill post more info when i get the > >> > organizers to get their arse in gear > >> Looks like Daniel forgot to announce it here... Oh well, there's always > >> next year, and he'll be uploading all the slides from the presentations > >> and also pics. If you got on IRC, you'd have known about it... oh > >> well... > >> -- > >> gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list > >> > >> > > It was announced all over IRC and there are TWO (now 3) different > > threads about it in the forums and have been for over 6 months. > > > > If there is a Gentoo UK meeting do you not think the best place to get > > information about it is in #gentoouk ? > > > > George > > -- > gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list > >
Yeah, it was getting hard trying to find the right set of times and places but the one thing we knew was that we couldn't have it when exams were on. Finding a place at the right time, in the right location and with the right facilities turned out to be difficult and the best way to keep people in touch with the constant changes was with the forums. We posted polls on the forums about which location in the UK they would prefer, there was another thread about whether people could help by suggesting locations and there was another to keep people posted about the changes. It was probably me who told you that it was being postponed until after the exams and most of the announcements that i made tended to be on the forums but as usual the vast majority of the decisions were made live, via IRC. George -- gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-uk] Gentoo meet Peter Weller <welp@×××××××××.uk>