From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc failed to compile, mpfr-4 compiled successfully...
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:02:10
1 180624 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018, 09:01:53 CEST schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
3 >> The bad news: mpfr-4 was installed after a successful compilation
4 >> and gcc failed to compile.
5 > This was a collective thinko of the toolchain team.
6 > The news item should never have been shown like this to stable users,
7 > who dont have to do anything now.
8
9 I read the news & immediately noticed that Mpfr-4 is still 'testing'.
10 After a bit of reflection, as a stable user,
11 I upgraded to Gcc-7, but left Mpfr + Mpc alone.
12 Gcc-7 compiled successfully & I wb using it for next week's upgrade.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca