From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: tuxic@××××××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc failed to compile, mpfr-4 compiled successfully...
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:10:33
1 Am Sonntag, 24. Juni 2018, 09:01:53 CEST schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I think I am in trouble here...especially after reading the news
5 > item...
6 >
7 > After the daily sunc routine, a new news items was announced which
8 > I read.
9 >
10 > It saus, that the update to mpfr-4 could possibly break gcc. Therefore
11 > I had to recompile a combo of sources including mpfr and gcc.
12 >
13 > The bad news: mpfr-4 was installed after a successful compilation and
14 > gcc failed to compile.
17 This was a collective thinko of the toolchain team. The news item should never
18 have been shown (like this) to stable users (who dont have to do anything
19 now).
20
21 Emergency instructions ** if you now have problems building any of these
22 packages ** and have a stable system ** (untested, but not that much can be
23 wrong):
24
25 1) Make sure in your config files that both mpfr and mpc are either keyworded
26 stable or ~arch, not any mixed combination
27
28 2) rebuild in this order, with emerge -1a --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps y
29 * mpfr
30 * mpc
31 * gcc
36 Andreas K. Hüttel
37 dilfridge@g.o
38 Gentoo Linux developer
39 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)