From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] set xdm to start after agetty
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 01:01:35
1 On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:31:58 -0500
2 Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 22:41 +0300, Thanasis wrote:
6 > > How can we set the xdm/gdm not to start before the agetty processes
7 > > (during the boot phase)?
8 >
9 > I actually run /etc/init.d/xdm manually after a boot because, chances
10 > are, if I've rebooted my machine there's stuff I'm gonna want to do
11 > from the command line before I start a desktop.
12 >
13 > Or as a previous poster said.
14 >
15 > # rc-upate del xdm
16 > # echo '/etc/init.d/xdm start' >> /etc/conf.d/local.start
17 >
18 > I don't think you'd need to add anything to local.stop but you may
19 > wanna verify that.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Albert W. Hopkins
23 >
24 You might want to stop XDM gracefully rather than pulling the rug out
25 from under its feet with the TERM signal. I don't know why it would
26 matter, but I bet you'll end up with artifacts in /tmp, ~/, or
27 something otherwise.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list