From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] set xdm to start after agetty
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 02:46:00
1 On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 19:43 -0500, Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > > # rc-upate del xdm
3 > > # echo '/etc/init.d/xdm start' >> /etc/conf.d/local.start
4 > >
5 > > I don't think you'd need to add anything to local.stop but you may
6 > > wanna verify that.
7 > >
8 > > --
9 > > Albert W. Hopkins
10 > >
11 > You might want to stop XDM gracefully rather than pulling the rug out
12 > from under its feet with the TERM signal. I don't know why it would
13 > matter, but I bet you'll end up with artifacts in /tmp, ~/, or
14 > something otherwise.
15
16 What I meant is that I think the shutdown/reboot process will
17 automagically runs a '/etc/init.d/xdm stop' even if you start it via
18 local.start. I know it does so if you start it manually.
19
20 Anyway nothing in my /tmp survives a reboot.
23 Albert W. Hopkins
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list