From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Magic SysRq didn't work today
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:22:28
1 On Thursday 29 Sep 2011 18:35:13 Spidey / Claudio wrote:
2 > Deleting files were slow as hell too.
3
4 Hmm ... no, not here. Reiser4 pretty much blew the doors off anything else I
5 have ever used in Linux land. (I have not tried btrfs yet).
6
7 I can't even blame reiser4 for the 'temperamental' behaviour that I mentioned
8 earlier with any degree of certainty. Some people have blamed kernel patches
9 that borked reiser4, so heed Volker's earlier comment. I have also found some
10 gcc versions not being particularly friendly to it.
11
12 The only repetitive failure modes I noticed where I could definitely blame the
13 fs were:
14
15 a) recovery after power failure (unlike e.g. good ol' reiserfs)
16 b) running out of space on a partition.
17
18 Once these two failure modes are guarded against the fs was performing as
19 expected.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick