From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] emerge default opts
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:46:35
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 10/14/2017 09:30 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> While at it.  Is there a tool that tells when USE flags in make.conf is
4 >> either no longer used or doesn't even exist anymore?
5 > I don't know of one. It doesn't *sound* hard, but you would have to
6 > consider local use flags, flags from overlays, USE_EXPAND flags,
7 > wildcards, USE_ORDER, etc. -- so maybe it's actually hard/slow to do it.
8 >
9 > I found this feature request,
10 >
11 > https://github.com/vaeth/eix/issues/38
12 >
13 > and I guess that confirms that it's harder than it looks. Checking for
14 > nonexistent flags would be easier than checking for redundant flags
15 > because the latter depends on your package manager configuration.
20 I was thinking it may be harder than one thinks since I don't know of a
21 way to do it but have seen some who want something that does it.  I'd be
22 happy if it just told me what USE flags no longer exist at all.  My USE
23 line in make.conf is quite lengthy.  I'm certain a lot of it could be
24 gone.  Some may not have existed for years.
25
26 Maybe one day.  Just maybe.
27
28 Thanks