From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] emerge default opts
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:31:42
1 On 10/14/2017 09:30 PM, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > While at it.  Is there a tool that tells when USE flags in make.conf is
4 > either no longer used or doesn't even exist anymore?
5
6 I don't know of one. It doesn't *sound* hard, but you would have to
7 consider local use flags, flags from overlays, USE_EXPAND flags,
8 wildcards, USE_ORDER, etc. -- so maybe it's actually hard/slow to do it.
9
10 I found this feature request,
11
12 https://github.com/vaeth/eix/issues/38
13
14 and I guess that confirms that it's harder than it looks. Checking for
15 nonexistent flags would be easier than checking for redundant flags
16 because the latter depends on your package manager configuration.