From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] emerge default opts
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:52:10
1 On 15/10/2017 16:31, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 10/14/2017 09:30 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> While at it.  Is there a tool that tells when USE flags in make.conf is
5 >> either no longer used or doesn't even exist anymore?
6 >
7 > I don't know of one. It doesn't *sound* hard, but you would have to
8 > consider local use flags, flags from overlays, USE_EXPAND flags,
9 > wildcards, USE_ORDER, etc. -- so maybe it's actually hard/slow to do it.
10 >
11 > I found this feature request,
12 >
13 > https://github.com/vaeth/eix/issues/38
14 >
15 > and I guess that confirms that it's harder than it looks. Checking for
16 > nonexistent flags would be easier than checking for redundant flags
17 > because the latter depends on your package manager configuration.
20 There is a suitable tool. It's called grep, copious use of.
21 A suitably complex solution for the complexity of the problem!
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com