From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] emerge default opts
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 01:30:42
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 10/14/2017 07:25 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y ...
4 > You probably don't need this one any more... you'll have to consult a
5 > lawyer to figure out what `man emerge` says on the matter, but IIRC, the
6 > --with-bdeps-auto flag (enabled by default) now does the sensible thing,
7 > by default, for both updates and depcleans.
12 My make.conf is old.  Some of the entries there could be over a decade
13 old.  I also have commented out a lot of really old stuff, just to see
14 if it does anything.   I'll go check man emerge and friends and then see
15 if google does anything useful.  We all know how google is.  ;-)
16
17 While at it.  Is there a tool that tells when USE flags in make.conf is
18 either no longer used or doesn't even exist anymore?  I googled that a
19 while back and didn't find anything.  I don't think the eix tools does
20 that either.  It does for the other /etc/portage/ files but I don't
21 think it touches make.conf.
22
23 Thanks for the heads up.
24