From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote image editing (crop & rotate)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:38:12
1 On 25 Jan 2009, at 01:08, Grant wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Sounds like a good idea. Would one be better than the other?
4
5 Depends what o/s you're using everywhere. I wasn't sure if your media
6 player was actually a PC or some kind of standalone box.
7
8 Samba is fine when you're double-clicking in a GUI to connect - from
9 Macs or Windows - and if I'm mounting manually at the command line I
10 find its syntax less wieldy. I find NFS easier to use between Linux
11 systems - intuition would indicate that it should give better
12 performance than Samba, but I have heard this may not (always?) be the
13 case.
14
15 Stroller.