From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote image editing (crop & rotate)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:08:29
1 >> ... I wonder if there is an easier way than scp'ing each image
2 >> to my laptop, opening it in gimp, editing it, saving it, and scp'ing
3 >> it back to the HDTV system (especially sshd_config AllowUsers only
4 >> allows my user and the user running gmpc is different).
5 >
6 > The obvious thing that springs to mind is to export the folder (containing
7 > the music / images) on the HDTV system via NFS or Samba & mount it on the
8 > laptop.
9
10 Sounds like a good idea. Would one be better than the other?
11
12 > I think there's a fuse implementation which allows you to virtually "mount"
13 > over sftp.
14 >
15 > But really you need to tell us more before we're able to help.
16
17 What else would you like to know?
18
19 - Grant