From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote image editing (crop & rotate)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:36:59
1 On 24 Jan 2009, at 19:08, Grant wrote:
2 > ... I wonder if there is an easier way than scp'ing each image
3 > to my laptop, opening it in gimp, editing it, saving it, and scp'ing
4 > it back to the HDTV system (especially sshd_config AllowUsers only
5 > allows my user and the user running gmpc is different).
6
7 The obvious thing that springs to mind is to export the folder
8 (containing the music / images) on the HDTV system via NFS or Samba &
9 mount it on the laptop.
10
11 I think there's a fuse implementation which allows you to virtually
12 "mount" over sftp.
13
14 But really you need to tell us more before we're able to help.
15
16 Stroller.