From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote image editing (crop & rotate)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:08:24
1 Each ripped CD in my music collection is accompanied by a high
2 resolution scan of the album's cover. There is a new plugin for gmpc
3 that displays that cover art at full screen on my HDTV. As the huge
4 cover art images appear on the TV, I notice one or more sides that
5 need to be cropped, or that the cover needs to be slightly rotated.
6 I'd like to be able to edit those images as I notice problems with
7 them, but I wonder if there is an easier way than scp'ing each image
8 to my laptop, opening it in gimp, editing it, saving it, and scp'ing
9 it back to the HDTV system (especially sshd_config AllowUsers only
10 allows my user and the user running gmpc is different).
11
12 Any ideas? imagemagick comes to mind. Is there a script or even a
13 GUI I could run on the HDTV system that might be able to crop and/or
14 rotate quickly and easily?
15
16 - Grant