From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Remote image editing (crop & rotate)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:53:43
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Each ripped CD in my music collection is accompanied by a high
3 > resolution scan of the album's cover. There is a new plugin for gmpc
4 > that displays that cover art at full screen on my HDTV. As the huge
5 > cover art images appear on the TV, I notice one or more sides that
6 > need to be cropped, or that the cover needs to be slightly rotated.
7 > I'd like to be able to edit those images as I notice problems with
8 > them, but I wonder if there is an easier way than scp'ing each image
9 > to my laptop, opening it in gimp, editing it, saving it, and scp'ing
10 > it back to the HDTV system (especially sshd_config AllowUsers only
11 > allows my user and the user running gmpc is different).
12 >
13 > Any ideas? imagemagick comes to mind. Is there a script or even a
14 > GUI I could run on the HDTV system that might be able to crop and/or
15 > rotate quickly and easily?
16
17 Imagemagick would probably work (man convert). If you have gimp
18 installed on your mediapc you could always start gimp on that and use X
19 (depending if you allow X-forwarding in your sshd_config). Otherwise you
20 could do like Stroller suggests (NFS or Samba).
21
22 Best regards
23
24 Peter K