From: "J.Marcos Sitorus" <gkjdsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X hang / occasionally after using LVM
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:36:14
1 >do you have any crashes when virtualbox was not started and no virtualbox
2 >modules are loaded?
3 I was suffer another crash when I backup my data to the other partition on
4 LVM, when virtualbox not running
5 I set virtualbox modules to autoload on boot
6
7 >btw the logs after a crash not after a clean boot are the usefull ones ;)
8 that's the problem. I was suffering this problem about a week ago. So I
9 don't have that log :(
10
11 > are you able to reproduce the problem with a vanilla kernel? Make sure you
12 are
13 >using 2.6.38 - not .1 or greater. Reiser4 sometimes breaks with stable
14 >releases - and 2.6.38.X was very broken...
15 I never use vanilla kernel. I always though that kernel with rX always
16 better that the kernel without rX
17
18 On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann <