From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X hang / occasionally after using LVM
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 17:27:10
1 Am Freitag 30 September 2011, 18:34:48 schrieb J.Marcos Sitorus:
2 > >do you have any crashes when virtualbox was not started and no virtualbox
3 > >modules are loaded?
4 >
5 > I was suffer another crash when I backup my data to the other partition on
6 > LVM, when virtualbox not running
7 > I set virtualbox modules to autoload on boot
8
9 then don't load them and retry.
12 > > are you able to reproduce the problem with a vanilla kernel? Make sure
13 > > you
14 > are
15 >
16 > >using 2.6.38 - not .1 or greater. Reiser4 sometimes breaks with stable
17 > >releases - and 2.6.38.X was very broken...
18 >
19 > I never use vanilla kernel. I always though that kernel with rX always
20 > better that the kernel without rX
21
22 which is not true for reiser4. And vanilla kernels are the ones you should use
23 whenever you are patching yourself. Less likely to get hit by strange
24 interaction.
27 #163933