From: "Johnson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] PLEASE HELP!!! Emerge Isssue Now!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:49:09
1 Why are you limiting the emerge command to newuse only?
2
3 When all else fails, emerge -e world
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Christopher E [mailto:sensory.access@×××××.com]
8 Sent: Wed 5/3/2006 1:30 PM
9 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 Subject: [gentoo-user] PLEASE HELP!!! Emerge Isssue Now!
11
12 Hello there all,
13
14 I am now having a emerge issue, I am trying for the first TIME to
15 update all of what I have done to the latest and best updates :-) any
16 how I did:
17
18 First I did the below in a xterm in gnome this when good:
19 "emerge sync"
20
21 Then I did the following command and it did about 10 emerges then it
22 stoped and said it could not resovle and it tryed it on all of the
23 selected mirrors, so I rebooted after trying it again with the same
24 issue but this time I have 10 less to download:
25 "emerge --update --newuse --deep world
26
27 Ok now I am not able to get a xterm up in gnome and when I try the
28 above to things in a vt the first one works and then I do the next and
29 get the same issue and I even just tryed to emerge just one thing and
30 got the same issue what is this and why? I would send you it but I am
31 in gnome and can not get xterm open to get the errors right
32
33 Please respone ASAP as I would like to try and continul with this
34 stuff as I am having noting but bad luck with it.
35
36 Sincerely,
37 Christopher
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list