From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing the CHOST variable
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:07:37
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > This means that /usr/bin/as is a broken symlink, since -L is the
3 > dereference option. But binutils-config should fix that...
4 >
5 > ...unless glibc is broken in which case nothing will work...
6 >
7 > I have a suspicion that changing the ntpl/ntplonly use flags at the
8 > same time as changing CHOST wasn't a good idea. :-(
9 I have a suspicion that you are right :)
10 > At this point, you probably need to boot from a liveCD and restore
11 > /lib/libc-2.4.so and /lib/libc.so.6 from a backup, or copy them from
12 > the liveCD.
13 I tried this but it didn't really work. So I decided to backup and
14 reinstall. Besides, I've been wanting to get that RAID system working
15 anyways, and now I seem to have managed that so I am quite happy :) Now
16 on to restoring the system...
17
18 R
19 --