From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing the CHOST variable
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:19:41
1 On 12/2/06, Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > > # ls -L /usr/bin/as
3 >
4 > # ls -L /usr/bin/as
5 > ls: cannot access /usr/bin/as: No such file or directory
6 >
7 > The bizarre thing is that I can use the tab completion to see that there
8 > is an entry for /usr/bin/as there...
9
10 This means that /usr/bin/as is a broken symlink, since -L is the
11 dereference option. But binutils-config should fix that...
12
13 > # env-update
14 > /usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
15 > handle TLS data
16
17 ...unless glibc is broken in which case nothing will work...
18
19 I have a suspicion that changing the ntpl/ntplonly use flags at the
20 same time as changing CHOST wasn't a good idea. :-(
21
22 At this point, you probably need to boot from a liveCD and restore
23 /lib/libc-2.4.so and /lib/libc.so.6 from a backup, or copy them from
24 the liveCD.
25
26 -Richard
27 --