From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing the CHOST variable
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 18:39:16
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > Do you use ccache, distcc or any other wrappers? If you do you may have to
3 > disable it until this is all resolved and the wrappers have been remerged.
4
5 I had tried to set both of those up at one point, so they were still
6 installed on my machine, but they were not enabled in /etc/make.conf.
7 >
8 >> I tried to manually call a g++ command on some code I have, and got the
9 >> following error:
10 >>
11 >> g++: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
12 >>
13 >> So my compiler is broke. Any pointers on how to fix this?
14 >
15 > What is the output of:
16 >
17 > # ls -L /usr/bin/as
18
19 # ls -L /usr/bin/as
20 ls: cannot access /usr/bin/as: No such file or directory
21
22 The bizarre thing is that I can use the tab completion to see that there
23 is an entry for /usr/bin/as there...
24
25 > That link is created by binutils-config. If it's broken switching the right
26 > binutils profile once again may fix it (even if it was already chosen):
27 >
28 > # binutils-config -l
29 > [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.16.1
30 > [2] i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.17 *
31 > # binutils-config 2
32 > * Switching to i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.17 ...
33
34 Tried this...
38 > [SNIP]
39 > # env-update
40
41 # env-update
42 /usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
43 handle TLS data
44
45 > # source /etc/profile
46
47 # ls -L /usr/bin/as
48 ls: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot handle TLS data
49
50 Actually, now I can't seem to do anything at all. Things like rm don't
51 even work anymore... bizarre. I think my system is screwed now...
54 Randy Barlow
55 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
56 --
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list