From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing the CHOST variable
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 01:31:10
1 On Friday 01 December 2006 23:39, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 [SNIP]
3 > binutils seemed to have merged correctly, but the configure script for
4 > gcc seems to be having issues. The last few lines of output show:
5 >
6 > checking whether the C compiler (gcc -mtune=i686 -pipe -march=pentium3
7 > -O2 ) works... no
8 > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
9 > cannot create executables.
10
11 Do you use ccache, distcc or any other wrappers? If you do you may have to
12 disable it until this is all resolved and the wrappers have been remerged.
13
14 > I tried to manually call a g++ command on some code I have, and got the
15 > following error:
16 >
17 > g++: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
18 >
19 > So my compiler is broke. Any pointers on how to fix this?
20
21 What is the output of:
22
23 # ls -L /usr/bin/as
24
25 That link is created by binutils-config. If it's broken switching the right
26 binutils profile once again may fix it (even if it was already chosen):
27
28 # binutils-config -l
29 [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.16.1
30 [2] i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.17 *
31 # binutils-config 2
32 * Switching to i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.17 ...
33 [SNIP]
34 # env-update
35 # source /etc/profile
36