From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Changing the CHOST variable
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:43:58
1 So I am trying to bring my CHOST from i386-pc-linux-gnu to
2 i686-pc-linux-gnu by following the guide at
3 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml. Well so far things
4 aren't working out so well. The first step is to change the CHOST
5 variable. I also went ahead and added nptl and nptlonly to my USE flags
6 while I was editing /etc/make.conf. Then I ran the command
7
8 # emerge -av1 binutils gcc glibc
9
10 binutils seemed to have merged correctly, but the configure script for
11 gcc seems to be having issues. The last few lines of output show:
12
13 checking whether the C compiler (gcc -mtune=i686 -pipe -march=pentium3
14 -O2 ) works... no
15 configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
16 cannot create executables.
17
18 I tried to manually call a g++ command on some code I have, and got the
19 following error:
20
21 g++: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
22
23 So my compiler is broke. Any pointers on how to fix this?
24 --
25 Randy Barlow
26 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
27 --