From: "Fatih Tümen" <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge/python failure
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:41:38
1 On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Got it, you hit the bug 340899 and its already fixed, just apply the patch
3 >> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=c54c1af789b306a85e9d7e79fb54f02a05346616
4 >>
5 >> --
6 >>    Fatih
10 > Thanks - I got the patch and that seems to have fixed eix-sync.
11 >
12 > Should anyone else run into this I did the following:
13 >
14 > Right click and save the patch file on the link provided by Fatih
15 >
16 > cd /usr/lib64/portage
17 > patch -p1 --dry-run <Patch_Name
18 > patch -p1 <Patch_Name
19 >
20 > and then things started working again.
21 >
22 > Note that when I finished the sync and emerged the newer version of
23 > portage I got messages I had not seen before about colliding with a
24 > couple of files. Those collisions were the files modified by the
25 > patch.
26 >
27 > Many thanks Fatih!
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 > Mark
33 Yw. Thanks for posting step-by-step solution for others' future reference.
36 Fatih