From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge/python failure
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:45:27
1 2010/10/15 Fatih Tümen <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>:
2 > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>> Got it, you hit the bug 340899 and its already fixed, just apply the patch
4 >>> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=c54c1af789b306a85e9d7e79fb54f02a05346616
5 >>>
6 >>> --
7 >>>    Fatih
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> Thanks - I got the patch and that seems to have fixed eix-sync.
12 >>
13 >> Should anyone else run into this I did the following:
14 >>
15 >> Right click and save the patch file on the link provided by Fatih
16 >>
17 >> cd /usr/lib64/portage
18 >> patch -p1 --dry-run <Patch_Name
19 >> patch -p1 <Patch_Name
20 >>
21 >> and then things started working again.
22 >>
23 >> Note that when I finished the sync and emerged the newer version of
24 >> portage I got messages I had not seen before about colliding with a
25 >> couple of files. Those collisions were the files modified by the
26 >> patch.
27 >>
28 >> Many thanks Fatih!
29 >>
30 >> Cheers,
31 >> Mark
34 > Yw. Thanks for posting step-by-step solution for others' future reference.
37 And also for you or others to double check in case I wasn't doing it
38 correctly. I wasn't sure where the portage executable was actually
39 kept so I wasn't sure if I was patching the right thing. It was
40 however the only place on my machine with the apparently correct patch
41 that matched the first few lines in the patch file.
42
43 Again, thanks!