From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:16:56
1 pk wrote:
2 > On 2011-07-10 00:26, Dale wrote:
5 >> Basically, this is plain confusing. I can't see how Firefox, or
6 >> something it has to access, can cause a kernel panic. Thing is, I can't
7 >> think of anything else that could be the problem but trying different
8 >> versions of a kernel makes me think it is not the kernel either.
9 >>
10 > My apologies for not paying attention to this thread but have you
11 > considered this being a graphics driver problem? I would suggest trying
12 > a different driver version first... It may also be driver/kernel
13 > mismatch thing (i.e. if it's a proprietary driver which have been
14 > written& tested for specific versions of the kernel and you're running
15 > one which is not one of those).
16 >
17 > Best regards
18 >
19 > Peter K
24 Yea, done tried that. I tried different kernels, different nvidia
25 drivers and all with no change.
26
27 At least I got a .39 kernel that works now tho. My previous .39 kernel
28 had some sort of a bug in it. Dang I can't remember what it did tho. I
29 need to start taking notes on this stuff. I'm getting to old or to much
30 stuff on my plate one. lol
31
32 Dale
33