From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:11:06
1 On 2011-07-10 00:26, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Basically, this is plain confusing. I can't see how Firefox, or
4 > something it has to access, can cause a kernel panic. Thing is, I can't
5 > think of anything else that could be the problem but trying different
6 > versions of a kernel makes me think it is not the kernel either.
7
8 My apologies for not paying attention to this thread but have you
9 considered this being a graphics driver problem? I would suggest trying
10 a different driver version first... It may also be driver/kernel
11 mismatch thing (i.e. if it's a proprietary driver which have been
12 written & tested for specific versions of the kernel and you're running
13 one which is not one of those).
14
15 Best regards
16