From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 08:35:56
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 22:44:26 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I wonder, if I bought a bluetooth USB thingy and put that on my puter,
6 >>> would that help any?  Since I hooked up my wifi router and it uses that,
7 >>> would that help?  Or is the USB cable directly connected the best way?
8 >> Bluetooth is very slow for file transfers. I find WiFi the best
9 >> compromise of speed and convenience.
12 > Well, I tried it but it didn't work.  I suspect I'd need a app for it to
13 > access it.  It could get there since it said it exists but couldn't
14 > connect.  I'll try to find a app later on.  I'm putting out some raid,
15 > literally.  Bug killing time.  ;-)
18 Just for the sake of completeness, if you use a full-fledged desktop environment you don't
19 need any app, just the proper USE flags. At least on Gnome it's done that way, file
20 transfers are managed by the usual file manager.
21 But even if I set it up successfully I seldom use BT, USB is a lot more stable and faster.
22
23 raffaele