From: Daniel Quinn <expendable.0@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Packages in other architectures (arm)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:50:17
1 I've just come into possession of a few of these fabulous little machines:
2
3 http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp
4
5 They have 512mb ram, 1ghz Arm CPU and a sketchy jffs2 "hard drive" inside,
6 along with an SDHC slot, one USB plug and one gigabit ethernet port.
7 Naturally, I'm turning them into a little cluster of web/mail/dns/torrent
8 servers :-)
9
10 Unfortunatly though, I've discovered that one of my favourite command-line
11 based torrent clients, "rtorrent" doesn't have "arm" in its KEYWORDS variable.
12 Can someone tell me why this is? If it's just due to it not having been
13 tested, I'd be happy to do that, but I'd need to know the "right" way to do
14 that.