From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages in other architectures (arm)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:09:26
1 On 5 Aug 2009, at 18:49, Daniel Quinn wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Unfortunatly though, I've discovered that one of my favourite
4 > command-line
5 > based torrent clients, "rtorrent" doesn't have "arm" in its KEYWORDS
6 > variable.
7 > Can someone tell me why this is? If it's just due to it not having
8 > been
9 > tested, I'd be happy to do that, but I'd need to know the "right"
10 > way to do
11 > that.
12
13 Surely no-one here can. Possibly the Gentoo developer for the package
14 could tell you, it's equally possible that no-one's ever tried it.
15
16 Simply copy the package's ebuild to your local tree, edit it to add
17 the ARM keyword and try it. If it works, open a bug at Gentoo asking
18 for the package to be marked as table on your architecture.
19
20 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Overlay#Creating_a_local_overlay
21
22 It looks like rtorrent does compile on ARM:
23 http://www.osix.net/modules/article/?id=827
24
25 Stroller.