From: AllenJB <allen@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages in other architectures (arm)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:36:15
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 5 Aug 2009, at 18:49, Daniel Quinn wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> Unfortunatly though, I've discovered that one of my favourite
6 >> command-line
7 >> based torrent clients, "rtorrent" doesn't have "arm" in its KEYWORDS
8 >> variable.
9 >> Can someone tell me why this is? If it's just due to it not having been
10 >> tested, I'd be happy to do that, but I'd need to know the "right" way
11 >> to do
12 >> that.
13 >
14 > Surely no-one here can. Possibly the Gentoo developer for the package
15 > could tell you, it's equally possible that no-one's ever tried it.
16 >
17 > Simply copy the package's ebuild to your local tree, edit it to add the
18 > ARM keyword and try it. If it works, open a bug at Gentoo asking for the
19 > package to be marked as table on your architecture.
20 >
21 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Overlay#Creating_a_local_overlay
22 >
23 > It looks like rtorrent does compile on ARM:
24 > http://www.osix.net/modules/article/?id=827
25 >
26 > Stroller.
29 There's no need to edit an ebuild. You can add the package to
30 package.keywords with "**" as the keyword.
31
32 AllenJB